Industrial Machine Technician
- Mar 13, 2019
- Factory & Warehouse : General Factory & Warehouse
8653 E. Hwy 67 - Alvarado, 76009
Sabre Tubular Structures is hiring for a Industrial Machine Technician job in Alvarado,TX
We offer opportunities for personal and professional growth, along with competitive compensation and outstanding benefits. Committed to providing our customers with the best products and services, our compensation package includes incentives that recognize and reward outstanding performance.
WE ENCOURAGE VETERANS TO APPLY!
BENEFITS & WELLNESS
- Comprehensive and flexible package
- Competitive health premiums
- Low medical deductibles
- Free wellness services plus other wellness incentives
- On-site medical centers at our largest manufacturing sites
- Paid time off and flextime opportunities
- Free life and disability coverage
- Cell phone discounts
- Gym membership discounts
REWARDS & RECOGNITION
- Competitive base pay
- Competency and performance based pay progression
- Per diems
- 50¢ to $1 night shift differentials
- Overtime opportunities
- 2x incentive opportunity
- 60% 401(k) match on up to 6% of your pay
- Boot allowances, uniform subsidies and other PPE
- Service awards
OPPORTUNITIES TO GROW
- Product innovation
- Opportunities to travel
- Mobility between locations and businesses
- Promotions and other advancement opportunities
- Continuing education
- Tuition reimbursement
OPPORTUNITES TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Serve as an on-boarding buddy, mentor or trainer
- Community service
- Lean journey
- Maintain all equipment as required by the equipment supplier and Sabre operating guidelines
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance on all equipment and repairs as needed
- Perform diagnostic testing, disassemble, inspect, repair and re-assemble equipment or components
- Perform skilled trouble shooting and servicing of pneumatic and hydraulic components
- Fabricate necessary jigs, stands, racks and specialized equipment, etc. as required
- Work with and/or supervise specialized contract labor as required
- Follow all maintenance schedules developed by the Maintenance Lead or the equipment manufacturer without compromise
- Make recommendations to improve production flow, equipment performance, quality of product and cost efficiency
- Ensure machinery, tools and equipment are in good working order, assists in solving quality problems, perform data collection, monitor processes and production control as identified
- Communicate to the appropriate personnel any unusual operating conditions and/or any safety concerns
- Ensure quality product is being produced at the standard rate while minimizing scrap and downtime.
- Follow all Safety policies and procedures, such as Lockout/Tagout.
- Additional duties as assigned
- 3 years in Maintenance in a manufacturing environment
- Prior galvanizing experience preferred by not required
- Working knowledge of health, safety and environmental regulations
- Must be able to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving entire body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, bending, twisting and handling of materials.
- Must be able to work in an outside manufacturing environment for long shifts, including weekends.
- Position requires manual dexterity, arm-hand steadiness and a safety-minded individual.
- Must be able to work in an open environment exposed to extreme temperatures and elevated heights up to 60'Effectively and safely utilizes ladders, manlifts, forklifts, overhead cranes, etc.
- Experience using forklifts and cranes
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds on a regular basis
- Ability to perform duties in confined areas wearing all necessary PPE including protective clothing and respirators
- Ability to pay attention to details and multi-task in a fast paced work environment
- Good communication skills, including reading, writing and speaking English
- Must have the ability to concentrate on tasks for long periods of time and be able to observe and receive information from all relevant sources.
- Ability to work well with people in a number of positions
- Ability to identify, define and resolve problems
- Actively seeks and supports continuous improvement activities in process efficiencies, costs and effectiveness of work
- Knowledge of general safety guidelines and Sabre's quality expectations and application in the work place
- Will train on days, Mon-Fri 7am - 3:30pm with overtime
- After training, will work 12 hour shifts (7a-7p or 7p-7a), which includes 2 weekends a month
- Shifts are on a two week rotation, but the hours are either day or night
Sabre is an Equal Opportunity Employer- M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.